Teaching Philosophy

I feel successful when I teach people:

- to see what they look at!

- that it is ok to be different!

- to open a whole new world of creativity for them....

- that there is a solution for every problem (mostly with a quick-unpick!)

- that it is a joy to be creative......


The Creative Mind Plays with the Object it Loves -
Carl Jung














Friday 7 October 2011

New beginnings...

Well, here I am in cyberspace on orders of one my students!   Thanks Hettie, this is for you!   
I will slowly introduce you to my work through My Journey - I do hope it will inspire you!    I will post images of my work as my story unfolds......     I cannot chat every day as my creative process is rather slow and my reserves are rather low after a hectic 18 months.   The past term has been very busy starting with the National Quilt Festival in beautiful Stellenbosch where I taught 2 workshops, then rushed home to paint more brush rags stock to take on my teaching trip to Bloemfontein, Sasolburg and Wilropark in September.    So many wonderful people became part of my life during this trip - quilters are such a special breed...!  This week is home in Port Elizabeth with our local Dias Quilters' Guild Spring Show which ends tomorrow.    What wonderful talent we have here in Port Elizabeth - the standard of the workmanship is very high and a beautiful cross section of quilting styles are on display.   Well done Dias Quilters.

Two of my friends, Elaine Swan left and Nadine van Westenbrugge on my right with yours truly in the centre at the Dias Quilters' Guild 2011 Spring Show.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed and it wasn't that hard now was it? Following you step by step from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a HUGE fan and luv your talks at the guild meeting. Pity I can't always make it with school going children and a Hubby with odd shifts :(

    ReplyDelete